2.17.2012

project life 2012: weeks 1-3

I finished up the last couple of spots for week 3 last night and figured it was time to share what I've done so far. Trust me, there is nothing unique or revolutionary here so if you're not in the mood for a bunch of photos of nothing, stop here!

I didn't want to go overboard with the detail shots but I still think I probably did. For the most part, I'm going with a white/kraft/grey/b+w color scheme and just pulling color from my stash. The product that I did use is pretty old for the most part but the hybrid stuff is fairly new - a combination of my own stuff and things I've picked up here and there. I'll try to link where I can remember the source!

I'm hoping things become a bit more cohesive as I develop a better process for determining what to include each week. To group things that take up multiple spaces, I'm rounding the outside corners of the entire grouping rather than the individual slots. Not sure it's apparent or doing the job I intended but that's the process for now.

WEEK 1


Left side: A New Years recap, a letter that Jake sent to Zack (learning business form letters in school,) calendar from my Action 2012 freebie, a label and photo of yarn for new project.
Right side: photo and journaling about Izzy's infatuation with C shaving, C's patented microwave popcorn popping technique (printable card from here,) to do and "watch" card also from the  Action 2012 freebie, MS label on the card with my sister and Izzy, journaling card from Punctuate Journaling Cards, the paper under Izzy's pic is Bo Bunny. I grabbed the Downton Abbey image from the PBS site and the arrow card from 2012 Journaling Cards: Set 2.
This shows the Date Slims that I recolors to attach to the edge of each spread (tutorial for recoloring here.)


WEEK 2

Left Side: Game time with Izzy, funny story about C and the kids, Positive Paw from school for Z, 2 week "title" (no. 2 design from my talented friend, Linda...chevron background from Paislee Press Press Card Bundle,) fun postage from a PBS book I received in the mail, story about Jake's first day of after-school choir.
I included 3 photos from the same time with the journaling printed on the top photo...you can kind of see here how I grouped them by rounding just the top corners of the top photo and the bottom corners of the bottom photo.
(we're still getting serenaded with this song on a daily basis a month later) Rick Astley silhouette image from here because surely, you'll need this for something at some point, some day, right?)
Closeup of Zack's Positive Paw - recognition of good behavior at school (just because I'm so proud :)
Right side: Story of a job interview I had, just a random weekend moment and opening a new can of coffee. Because I LOVE that smell! "Today", "Right Now," and card for the coffee photo from  Paislee Press Press Card Bundle 

 No, I didn't get the job :( And no, my outfit wasn't quite so drab as it appears in the photo. Yes, it was a gorgeous day.


Week 3:


Left Side: A dinner time quote from Zack, a tribute for MLK day (with some facts about him Jake learned at school tucked behind,) recipe, snowy day (card printable from Valorie Brown.)
This is the recipe we made for my dad for his "year of gifts" Christmas present. I plan to include the recipe we use each month along with photos. I loved how Nicole included favorite recipes and wanted to work that idea in somehow. You can download the 6x4" recipe card png file I created at the end of the blog post if you'd like.
Right Side: Randoms from a Friday, Lego building, a new hat, an email from Jake's teacher.
I included photos of C + J, the finished project, the diagram Jake created and the mini Lego robot Izzy and I made at the  same time. 
It's hard to make out the detail from the lower left pocket but I used paper torn from a typography catalog for the background and some ledger printed backing from a pack of October Afternoon rub-ons for the journaling strip.
Close up of the email and Jake's spelling test tucked in the other pocket.
My helper checking out the photos while I took pictures :) I'll surely be building with Lego's shortly.

 Just click the recipe card image to get the full size to save.



6 comments:

  1. your rocked this! so awesome to see peeks of your day to day!

    while you're getting serenaded by rick astley, the girls request adele over and over and OVER again when we're out and about. you don't know funny until a not yet two year old is singing, "when we creep out..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! So many awesome little bits and pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Love seeing your project, E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your PL, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, happy day! I found your blog again. :) I always love when you share, E. You are such a wonderful person. I miss you SO much. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok. i am seriously in love with this.
    you are AMAZING.
    i love reading all the bits about your life
    because i'm nosy like that
    and now i just adore you even more than i did before.
    xoxoxo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...